Downcast shaft winding tower at Cefn Coed Colliery museum

Pit head gear for the downcast shaft at Cefn Coed Colliery, now preserved as part of a museum which illustrates the life of the miners in the Dulais Valley. First operated by the Llwynonn Colliery Company, this pit was later opened by the Amalgamated Anthracite Collieries in 1928, and was eventually closed by the National Coal Board in 1968.

Pit Head at Cefn Coed Colliery