Mumbles,
A lighthouse was first built on the outer of two islands known as Mumbles Head in 1794 to guide ships into Swansea Bay. Originally lit by coal braziers, then by oil lanterns, the lighthouse was automated in 1934.
A lighthouse was first built on the outer of two islands known as Mumbles Head in 1794 to guide ships into Swansea Bay. Originally lit by coal braziers, then by oil lanterns, the lighthouse was automated in 1934.